The best thing about hosting a porch party is that it doesn’t have to be perfect. Keep it simple and casual and use what you have. If you need a little inspiration, I’ve created a round up of some of my favorite things to have on hand for casual entertaining out on the front porch.
- String lights give a pleasant glow and instantly create ambience.
- I love any excuse to use my Oklahoma shaped cutting board. Find one locally at Plenty Mercantile or Stash in Midtown.
- Anything that keeps mosquitos away is a must have. I found this citronella + lemongrass candle by Browning Co. on Etsy. I always have a citronella candle or bug spray available out on the porch.
- A Turkish bath towel is very versatile. Use it as a table cloth, a picnic blanket for trips to the park or beach, or a light throw if it gets a little chilly. Plus they are very lightweight so it won’t take up a lot of space in your bag. I just saw a similar striped Turkish bath towel in the sale room at Anthropologie.
- Govino wine glasses are a
lifeglass saver. They are flexible, reusable and light weight. It’s a great choice anytime you want to enjoy a glass of wine outside or for that accident-proned friend (I won’t name names)!
- DIY these lovely gold leaf succulent pots to add a splash of color to your front porch with a tutorial at Miss Renaissance and succulents from the Plant Shoppe.